The shepherd hooks are useful decorative objects designed for use in gardens and outdoor landscaping. The long standing rod of varied heights and sizes have beautifully shaped finials and hooks to hang various items. The wrought iron shepherd hooks
are given different finishes or colors ranging from silver, black, white to rust brown, green, burnished gold, copper, pewter etc. You can easily add your own style and beautify these wrought iron pieces with the right decorating supplies.
Tips to Decorate Wrought Iron Shepherd Hooks
There are various ways to decorate a simple a wrought iron shepherd hook. A few easily available decorating items can transform its look in a beautiful way. Of course, this depends on your artistic taste as well.
- First of all, to start the decorating project, spray paint the hook with the color of your choice. Use a metal primer beforehand to ensure a better finish.
- Use a fine-tipped brush and acrylic paint and paint intricate patterns or designs onto the shepherd's hook. Use bright colors to make them attractive in your yard. You can also choose color combinations as per the occasion. For occasions like Christmas, you can paint the shepherd's hook white and add red stripes to create a candy cane. Or for wedding parties, you can use pink and blue colors, or for just garden decoration, paint it dark green with floral patterns of bright colors and so on.
- You can also use colorful ribbons, or colorful strips of papers to wrap around the shepherd hook. For grand occasions, you can wrap strands of lights around the body of the wrought iron shepherd's hook. Places all these hooks in a line throughout your garden to serve as outdoor mood lighting in the summer or holiday decorations in the winter.
- If you want to use it in the children play garden, then arrange stickers in a collage on the shepherd's hook. This makes a good project for children.
- Strings of beads are another option for decorating a shepherd hook. Wrap the beads around the hook and glue them into place.
Things to Hang in a Wrought Iron Shepherd Hook
After decorating the shepherd hook with paint, beads, colorful papers, ribbons etc, you need to consider the things that you can hang in the hook. A shepherd's hook or the finial is usually in U shape or bud shape or other curved shapes and patterns. The curved hook is used to hang decorative items for your home.
A wrought iron shepherd hook is a great place to hang fresh or dried flowers. All you need is a beautiful flower pot or basket with the flowers and hang it in the hook.
Wrought Iron Shepherd Hooks with Flowers
You can hang a lantern on a shepherd's hook. This looks good when you have a long stretch of shepherd hooks with the lanterns. They look great in wedding parties. Also shepherd hooks with lanterns are ideal for a parade, a lantern procession, or an evening event.
Wrought Iron Shepherd Hooks with Lanters
Bird feeder or bird house
For garden areas, one of the most common items that is hanged in a shepherd hook is the bird feeder or bird house.
Shepherd Hook with Bird Feeder
Another way of decorating a shepherd hook
is by hanging a wind chime. The trinkling sound of the wind chime in the garden gives immense tranquility with beauty.
Wrought Iron Shepherd Hook with Wind Chimes